[ale] resizing an X window from the command line?

Marc Torres marct at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 10 00:50:23 EST 2004

Ask and ye shall receive :-)  Here are two alternitives:

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 11:09:20PM -0500, John Wells wrote:
> Larry Richardson said:
> > The geometry command will set the initial window size.  I think he is
> > asking if there is a way to resize the window after it has already been
> > created.
>
> Exactly :)

xtermcontrol 2.3
  by Jess Thrysoee
  http://www.thrysoee.dk/xtermcontrol/

xtermcontrol enables dynamic control of XFree86 xterm properties. It makes
it easy to change colors, titles, fonts, and the geometry of a running
xterm as well as to report the current settings of the properties. Window
manipulations such as (de)iconify, raise and lower, maximize and restore,
and reset are also supported. It also lets advanced users issue any xterm
control sequence.

Source Package:
http://www.thrysoee.dk/xtermcontrol/xtermcontrol-2.3.tar.gz

xtctl 0.141
 by Steven Lumos
 http://www.isri.unlv.edu/~slumos/hacks/index.html#xtctl

xtctl is a script for setting/changing xterm properties. It can change the
foreground, background, cursor, and mouse colours of an XTerm window, and
the icon and background image (only known to work with Eterm). xtctl can
also modify the window's title, icon name, highlight background, font, size,
position, z-order (raise and lower), and iconified/restored status. There
are experimental options for full and soft reset.

Source Package:  (This link _is_ the script)
http://www.isri.unlv.edu/~slumos/hacks/xtctl

Over and out,
--marct