[ale] Strange spam

Andrew Newton andy at hxr.us
Thu Jan 8 21:32:02 EST 2004

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> The best part of this type of spam is it is designed to poison spam
> filters. If this gets dropped into a Bayesian filter, it will start
> marking legitimate email as spam based on the large collection of
> not-spam words.

That is not at all my experience.  My primary defense against spam is a
Bayesian filter with a whitelist and I have no false positives for the
last week.  I have noticed that the amount of spam I have received has
gone up significantly in the last month (2,000 increase) but they are
not sneaking past my filter.

-andy