[ale] HELP ! FAX receiving troubles

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Jan 8 13:54:30 EST 2004

Mazukna, Tomas wrote:
> I do not have init-chat in /etc/mgetty/mgetty.config
> Should I? how should it look ?

Assuming you have a /etc/mgetty/mgetty.config file, you should look at
setting the various options you'll find there.  Here is my init-chat
from y USR faxmodem.  It's an earlier version than yours, but I suspect
it may work:

init-chat "" \dATQ0V1H0 OK ATS0=0Q0&D3&C1 OK AT#CID=1 OK

Here is my answer-chat entry:

answer-chat "" ATA CONNECT \c \r

This is also where I use callerid to control who is permitted to send me
a fax.  :)  If you're interested in such options, check out cnd-program
option.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net