[ale] OT: Cheap part hight shipping

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Jan 8 13:05:52 EST 2004

Christopher Fowler wrote:
> I just ranting about an experience.
>
> I like to purchase computer stuff from ebay.  Typically usb devices,
> anything.  One thing that bothers me is that people will charge a very
> low price for a product but the shipping is outrageous.  I'm not sure if
> it is illegal but IMHO it is bad business. I have an experience.

They are scamming you.  It's just another way for them to jack the price
up.  I NEVER purchase anything from ebay without knowing the shipping
charges in advance.  If I can't get that info from the page info or from
email to the seller, I don't buy.

I've not purchased anything in a long while from ebay though.  Got
scammed on a DOA processor, lesson learned...

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net