[ale] Wierd sshd behavior...

trey tdarley at aiscomputers.com
Wed Jan 7 15:09:23 EST 2004

Er, guys? I've got a bit of a newbie-ish question -

I've got this Slackware box that's running OpenSSh 3.7.1p2.

It's consistently demonstrating a wierd behavior. I'll try to ssh into
it and I'll get a broken pipe the first time, followed by a series of
refused connections. After a few minutes it'll let me authenticate
normally and for a pretty good span of time thereafter sshd behaves. But
if I log out and wait, say, half an hour, it manifests again.

I thought that it might be a case of incorrect PTR records, but I
checked that already.

I recall seeing this on a box a few years ago, but forgot the solution.

Help?

Thanks,

--Trey