[ale] Comcast linux...

Drag0n dragon at atlantacon.org
Mon Jan 5 19:12:48 EST 2004

I am on comcast and recently had to go through the routine of getting a
new cablemodem installed. Unfortunately, the requirement for having a
windows box available is for the tech. Not for support or for the user.
After bringing up the cablemodem, The tech needs to go to the following
URL (attbb.net areas only) http://sas.se1.attbb.net/ and provision the
cablemodem with the mac address and a sequence number they seem to be
the only ones to have.
We tried lynx and the drop down choices just don't work, not sure if
netscape or mozilla will hit it properly as I don't run anything on my
firewall.

I would provide the DNS info if I had it, but since I don't use their
DNS system, I change it on my firewall every time it renews. Worst case
you could always use one of the root DNS servers (or I sometimes revert
to a charter cable DNS server because its the only one I remember
(209.186.12.2).

Drag0n
dragon at atlantacon.org