[ale] bios update died

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Jan 4 00:23:38 EST 2004

I've always heard that if your bios update goes south, you're screwed.
Well, there's a first time for everything.

Updating the bios on my primary box, all was going well, then the screen
goes blank and the machine begins to cycle through my cd drives.  First
one appears like it's being accessed, then the 2nd.  It just keeps doing
this.  I know you're not supposed to shut the box down during a bios
update, but after 30 minutes, I figured it's toast anyway.

So, it appears this mb has a replaceable bios chip.  Is this a possible
solution, or am I looking at a piece of artwork now?

--
until later, Geoffrey