[ale] OT: Anybody sick today?

Joe Knapka jknapka at kneuro.net
Fri Jan 2 13:47:33 EST 2004

"ChangingLINKS.com" <groups at ChangingLINKS.com> writes:

> I did the Atkins right before XMAS for 1 week and lost about 10 pounds.
> (But, I was also riding a mountain bike offroad 15 miles a day).

Dude, *anyone* riding 15 mi/day offroad (the caloric equivalent of
perhaps 40 miles of road riding, depending on terrain) is going to
lose a lot of weight. When I first moved out here to El Paso, which
has an absolutely fantastic trail system, I rode only maybe 6mi/day,
and dropped 20 pounds in two weeks. (And since my bike got stolen in
July, I've pretty much gained it all back... :-( )

Cheers,

-- Joe

(P.S. - just getting around to catching up on a month of
email...)

> I just wanted the ultra-flat stomach that I had a decade ago. I got close.
> The diet is soo effective and gives me more energy - but I still have an
> attachment to sweets, so I come off the diet when I can find an excuse.
>
> On Monday 29 December 2003 13:31, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> >
> > Atkins Diet is doing great things for my weight but also stopping the
> > intake of alot of the really rich foods so I'm alive and at the office
> > stiring up some havok.
> >

> > Thus spake Dow Hurst (dhurst at kennesaw.edu):
> >
> > > Just chiming in that my body is rebelling against all rich food today.
> > > No more holiday food or I'll scream!!  My Linux machine is not warming
> > > the office like it should (my perception) so I am cold and stiff.  How
> > > are the fingers hanging out there in cyber space? ;-)
> > > Dow
> --
> Wishing you Happiness, Joy and Laughter,
> Drew Brown
> http://www.ChangingLINKS.com

(let ((antichrist 'me) (anarchist 'me))) -- the sexp-pistols.
If you really want to get my attention, don't reply to this;
instead, send mail to "jknapka .at. kneuro .dot. net."