[ale] Kmail Question

Terry Lee Tucker terry at esc1.com
Fri Jan 2 10:27:07 EST 2004

Good Morning:

I'm trying to use KMail as my email client (Version: KMail 1.4.1 (Using KDE
3.0.0-10). I like the filtering capability built in to KMail; however, when
popping email of my internal mail server, it is dreadfully slow. Worse than
that, the entire application stops responding to ALL events during the
process. In fact, while typing this very message, I was suspended in time for
one minute while KMail picked up two small messages from the server. I'm not
using any encryption while popping off mail. I have a number of filters
defined and I realize that this will slow the application down. What I don't
understand is why the entire application locks up during this process. Surely
this process forks when undertaking the pop operation. Is there anything I
can do to prevent this or am I forced to find another email client?

Thanks for any advice...

--
"Restoring the Framers' notion of enumerated, delegated and thus
 limited powers will get the state out of our lives and out of our

 --Bob Levy

 Work: 1-336-372-6812
 Cell: 1-336-363-4719
email: terry at esc1.com