[ale] Wireless access and WEP

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Sun Feb 29 13:32:20 EST 2004

I understand that WEP is not the end all/be all when it comes to
securing a wireless internet connection, but wondered what I can do.  I
have a Netgear 802.11g wireless router to which I have my desktop
physically connected, but wanted to have a WAP for my Dell notebook with
Centrino.

What is the best way to set up the system to provide the best possible
security setup.  If anyone has Netgear, I'd like to know how you have
yours setup (WEP, limit by MAC address, etc.).

Thanks.