[ale] [OT]FreeBSD Resources

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Feb 25 06:02:23 EST 2004

Bjorn Dittmer-Roche wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, John Wells wrote:
>

>>On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:06:24 -0500
>>Bob Toxen <bob at verysecurelinux.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Why?
>>>
>>>For 99% of applications BSD has no advantages over Linux.
>>
>>So, out of curiosity and for the sake of discussion, what exactly
>>comprises that 1%?
>

> Moreover, what makes Linux better than FreeBSD in the 99% (linux
> evangelism aside)?

His statement did not say Linux was better, it said BSD has no
advantages, that doesn't necessarily indicate one is better than the
other, but rather, there is no difference.

I would say that the widespread use of Linux would be a positive thing,
although I don't have any real facts on which is used more.