[ale] Deep inside the K Desktop Environment 3.2

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Tue Feb 24 14:42:21 EST 2004

I've been having a gas playing with kde 3.2 the last couple of weeks.  I
heartily recommend an upgrade to anyone using one of the older versions.  If
you are a redhat user, the sourceforge redhat/kde project files work well for
me <http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/>.  They are in the testing tiectories,
but have been quite stable for me.  And they supply rpms for everything since
7.3, which is pretty cool.

What I really wanted to say  is that this Ars Technica article is probably the
best, most interesting article on KDE I've ever read.  It goes into a lot of
detail about how KDE works and what you can do with it, but I wouldn't call
it a technical article.  I know nothing about KDE internals and found it
quite fascinating.

http://www.arstechnica.com/reviews/004/software/kde-3.2/kde-3.2-01.html

Read, and enjoy,

Michael