[ale] Debian. Grr.

Kevin Krumwiede kjkrum at comcast.net
Tue Feb 24 02:25:35 EST 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 02:59:04 -0500 (EST)
Joe Knapka <jknapka at kneuro.net> wrote:

> The main problem I'm having is that "tasksel" and "dselect" seem to be
> user-unfriendly in the extreme.  So far I have not gotten "apt" to

tasksel and dselect are worthless, IMO.  I tried using them a couple
times, pressed the wrong key, couldn't figure out how I got into
whatever screen I was in, and finally had to just reboot, slick the
drive, and start over.  I have installed Debian probably a dozen times
on three different machines.  The main trick to apt-get seems to be
figuring out the correct name of the package you want.  For instance,
'x-window-system' instead of XFree86.

Krum