[ale] ATI Radeon 9200

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Feb 23 10:46:54 EST 2004

Robert Coggins wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I was wondering... Have any of you been able to get 3D working on an ATI
> Radeon 9200, specifically Fedora/RedHat?  I am having trouble getting it
> to work on mine.  I keep googling and I cannot find anything that
> helps.  I keep getting an XFree86-DRI error when I try to run a
> particular game...  Any body able to help?

You might look at the gatos project.  I used it to get 3d working on my
older Radeon VE.  Also, ATI has some proprietary drivers on their
website for the 9200 card.  Go to http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html
  I picked up an ATI 9600 SE yesterday and installed it.  I was
successful in getting the ATI driver to run with a single monitor, but I
was unsuccessful in getting it to work with my dual head setup, which is
the reason I purchased the new card to start with.

The ati driver comes with a configuration script which is very much
similar to the old text based X configuration script.