[ale] Linux Security article

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Fri Feb 20 13:15:21 EST 2004

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Robert Coggins wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Here at work I have been pushing linux and would use the argument that
> linux is so much more secure etc. and etc.  Someone that I have been
> advocating to just sent me the following link.  How do I argue this
> article.  The only thing I can think to say it read the last
> paragraph...  :)
>
> http://news.com.com/2100-1002_3-5162055.html?tag=nefd_top

I'm not sure that there's anything to argue. It's true that there was
another round of local root exploits found in the Linux kernel. Linux does
have security issues, just like any OS. Unlike some other OSes, though,
security fixes are generally timely (unlike, say, the six months it took
Microsoft after the remote ASN.1 vulnerabilities were pointed out to them
;-)

later,
chris