[ale] Re: ATTENTION: Bounced Message Notification, message count.

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Wed Feb 18 13:32:19 EST 2004

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 01:03:42PM -0500, da Black Baron wrote:
> Is this some kind of scam to get me to open a message with Outlook?  My
> mailbox is empty...  I'm using evolution, and I'm deleting messages as I
> receive them.

Are you using IMAP?  If so, check your trash folder.  When reading mail
on an IMAP server, Evolution doesn't really delete messages, it just
moves them to the trash folder.  You can empty the trash by going to
Actions->Empty Trash or expunge all folders by typing CTRL-E.

If you're using POP3, make sure your POP client is deleting the messages
from the server after it fetches them.

Otherwise, this could be the result of the windows worm du jour...

HTH,
Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9