[ale] Personal e-mail setup for remote access

Greg Freemyer freemyer-ml at NorcrossGroup.com
Mon Feb 16 14:01:46 EST 2004

I need to restructure my linux desktop e-mail setup so I can easily
access/manage the e-mail from home as well as from the office.

Currently I just use evolution to do a pop3 retrieval from my company
account.

I've tried ssh'ing in from and running evolution remotely, and it is
overly slow.

I'm thinking of setting up the below, comments are appreciated:

1) Use fetchmail to retrieve my pop3 e-mail and drop it into my linux
desktops sendmail.

2) Setup a imap server on my desktop.

3) Re-conifigure evolution to manage the imap mailbox instead of
maintaining its own.

4) Also access/manage the imap mailbox from my house via a imap client.
(The machine I want to use is XP, so I have to decide what client I want
to use, but it will likely be something from cygwin.)

TIA
Greg
--
Greg Freemyer