[ale] GNU/Zebra

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Thu Feb 12 09:06:05 EST 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> Can anyone add anything about Zebra's current and future state.  Debian
> testing has removed it and replaced it with a forked version called
> "quagga" (i kid you not).

Heh. I was giving a seminar on Zebra a couple of months back, mentioned the
fork, and then had to wait 10 minutes while everyone busily played "what the
heck is a quagga" in google ;-)

Basically, quagga is a open-development fork of zebra. Think of how apache
grew out of NCSA -- similar situation, with lots of developer-users
collecting patches that weren't getting upstream, and eventually deciding
they'd hit critical mass.

later,
chris