[ale] SuSe and Scrollwheel

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Tue Feb 10 12:14:10 EST 2004

These are my mouse settings in /etc/X11/XF86Config

I generally need to run sax2 from from runlevel 3 to get  it to set up
the mouse properly, but hand editing always works.

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver       "mouse"
  Identifier   "Mouse[3]"
  Option       "Buttons" "5"
  Option       "Device" "/dev/pointer0"
  Option       "Name" "Autodetection"
  Option       "Protocol" "imps/2"
  Option       "Vendor" "Sysp"
  Option       "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
Voice - 770-874-0872
Fax    - 678-623-8002
Cell    - 678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

>>> cleon42 at yahoo.com 2/10/2004 8:58:33 AM >>>
Yo all,

Last night I installed SuSe with KDE on my box--my first time with
this
distro, I've been a Slackware holdout for close to ten years.

I also have a MS optical mouse, which works just fine and dandy except
for the friggin' scroll wheel, which doesn't do anything. I never
realized just how handy that little bugger was until I couldn't use it
anymore. :P

The "Mouse settings" in Control Center don't seem to do the trick,
though it does recognize the wheel. (It has a "Mouse scroll wheel
lines
by" entry.)

Anyone have any idea how to get it working?

Thanks,

Adam

P.S. I'd like to reconfigure the buttons on the side, too--in Windoze,
one pushes a browser forward, the other back.