[ale] SLIMPC 1.7 GHz Celeron system non upgradeable -

Van L. Loggins vloggins at turbocorp.com
Tue Feb 10 07:15:02 EST 2004

> 	anyone
 bought one of these?

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 17:07:30 -0500
 John Wells <jb at devsea.com> wrote:

> "Van L. Loggins" <vloggins at turbocorp.com> wrote:
>
> > I bought one of thse to play around with, I am waiting on it to be shipped to me.

They called and emailed me, to inform me that they were out of stock on these and couldn't tell when they had more coming in. In the email message they were trying to get me to go for another system with the same specs as this one except that it had all of the stuff the other unit didn't have plus the memory and cpu were upgradable. When I told them I had no interest in the other unit as it cost 100 more dollars than the unit I had ordered they canceled my order on me. I wasn't even given the option to have the order put on hold and then have them ship me this unit when they get more of them in stock.

Sounds kinda like the ole Bait and switch gambit to me.

Van Loggins        vloggins at turbocorp.com
Assistant System Administrator - ESC Dept
      _
     -o)
     /\\
    _\_v