[ale] Poor support (was Smoothwall 2.0 vs IPCop 1.3.0)

Kenneth W Cochran kwc at TheWorld.com
Thu Feb 5 11:01:47 EST 2004

I'll echo the same sentiment/opinion about gaim.
Yes, gaim, the IM client that's supposed to be so
uber-cool.  Their "advertised' support channel (in
IRC) people are just plain nasty to *quite legitimate*
questions/problems/concerns.  I'd venture to say they
have the worst attitudes I've ever encountered in IT
(really).  I suppose they might have a leg to stand on if
their documentation and/or code quality were up to snuff,
but it Just Isn't So.  I could cite specific examples,
but I'd rather not get into it here; just a heads-up if
you ever have the misfortune of ending up in gaim's IRC
"support" channel.

-kc

>Subject: Re: [ale] Smoothwall 2.0 or IPCop 1.3.0?
>From: Jerald Sheets <jsheets at yahoo.com>