[ale] OT: H1B

Bob Toxen bob at verysecurelinux.com
Thu Dec 30 23:38:03 EST 2004

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 07:40:44PM -0500, Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 18:49, Bob Toxen wrote:

> > Perhaps you missed my other posting where I pointed out that I personally
> > (i.e., in person face-to-face) with the Assistant U.S. Attorney for Northern
> > Georgia, which includes Atlanta.  HE is in charge of enforcing the H1B laws
> > and prosecuting violators.
> >
> > HE said that he hand not even investigated a SINGLE CASE of violations in all
> > of Northern Georgia.  If that does not meet your definition of
> > "completely unenforced", kindly explain your definition.

> Bob, what was his rationale (kinder word for "excuse") for not
> investigating any cases?
He seemed completely unaware of any problem or abuse.  He did invite me to
provide "hard facts of actual problems".  You may recall that I did solicit
these from ALE a year or two ago.  I dropped the ball on the followthrough,
meaning to gather and select and forward and just got distracted.

Some of the recent "I trained my H1B replacement" first hand accounts could
prove useful if I want to reseize the gauntlett.

Bob