[ale] OT VHS to DVD conversions

Jimmy Oliver jimmyoliver at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 23:32:04 EST 2004

Since you have a digital camcorder, you should probably read the
manual or look up the specs to see if it supports A/V passthrough.
Most DV camcorders these days support this feature. I can hook my VCR
into my JVC DV camcorder and then go DV into my pc.  I have converted
some old wedding VHS tapes this way.  There is no loss of quality like
you would have with a "capture".  And best of all, it won't cost you
anything if your camera camcorder supports it ;-)

-Jimmy