[ale] Question : Printer with lowest TCO for infrequent usage

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 28 10:35:45 EST 2004

Beautiful print quality for a color laser can be had with the Xerox line
of color lasers.  About $1200 will get you the lowest cost version with
networking built in.  Comes compatible with everything due to extensive
built in features.  I can't tell yet how cheap to run they are but the
quality is very nice.  The print is just fantastic and much better than
a HP4500M color laser.  The print is from solid ink coming from the
Textronix Phaser technology Xerox got when they bought Textronix.  Comes
with software for any Unix, OS-X, Win.  Had to download the SGI IRIX
software but not a problem to install or use and is based around CUPs.
Dow