[ale] OT: Free MP3 Jukebox ?

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Sat Dec 25 11:35:30 EST 2004

Well, I got my wife an MP3 player for Christmas.  It came with the 'free'
MusicMatch JukeBox.  Since, for various reasons, she runs Windows, I
installed it.  We both agree that the advertsing has got to go, so I'd like
to know if anyone can recommend a Windows-compatible free (as in beer) MP3
tool - ripping and library management would be the primary required features.
Linux compatible would be a bonus

Some time ago, I started righting a web-based tool for this, so that we could
both easily access the "audio-server".  This model makes a bunch more sense
to me, particularly when you've already got (linux) PC attached to the A/V
system.  While I had basic ripping working, I ran into a problem with
particular CD and never spend the time to fix it.  Does anyone have any
recommendations for tools in this area? (It's been 3+ years since I touched
it.  Surely someone has done this to a reasonable level.

David