OT: Re: [ale] linux recommendations

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Dec 23 20:32:08 EST 2004

Jim Philips wrote:
> On Thursday 23 December 2004 09:43 am, Geoffrey wrote:
>
>>james at sumners.ath.cx wrote:
>>
>>>None of which matters to people who can read, do research, and think
>>>cognitively.
>>
>>You understand my point.
>

> Perceptions ought to be based on reality. The phrase "hates America" gets
> thrown around in reference to anybody who disagrees with American policies.
> From what I can see at ubuntu.org, there is disagreement and criticism of
> some policies of the US government. To disagree and to criticize is not the
> same as hating. At least not the last time I checked.

Well I have some real problems with some of their positions, such as:

"The campaign's objective is to spark off a process leading to the
reform of the system of international institutions with the
participation of all world actors and moving towards a system of global
democratic governance that can help us to build a better world."

Global democratic governance?  Sounds a lot like 'give up your sovereignty.'

--
Until later, Geoffrey