[ale] linux recommendations

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Dec 23 20:01:33 EST 2004

Geoffrey wrote:
> james at sumners.ath.cx wrote:
>
>> Then install some Debian distro on a box and play with it. That type of
>> searching is not unique to Yast.
>

> By the way, I have decided to give Debian another look, as it's been a
> while.  torrent running now 300+ KB/s the fastest I've ever seen. Sweet.

First take of Debian stable surprised me to see they're running a 2.2
kernel.  We're talking two kernel generations back?  I was quite
surprised by this.

The install is reminiscent of Slack.  I would never recommend it for a
novice.  It's not got the polish of Mandrake, SuSE or Red Hat.

--
Until later, Geoffrey