[ale] need working dialup

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 19 21:35:48 EST 2004

I meant that you authenticate in the chat script and not during PPP
negotiation.  Arrrghh!!!  Bad thought process and worse typing here...

In DSL you authenticate during PPP setup and after LCP completes.  In
dialup you connect, authenticate in the chat script, then autostart PPP,
or look for a tilde in the next few frames of data from the server to
"see" that it is trying to start PPP.

I've used the above method with wvdial and the full email address for
earthlink/mindspring for years.
Dow