[ale] OT BS DSL/DNS

Michael Still stillwaxin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 11:46:23 EST 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:22:24 -0500 (EST), Jay Finch <retief at larp.com> wrote:
> If it's any consolation, I'm also experiencing this issue.
>
> The DNS problems only started recently (in the past 2 weeks), and I'm not
> sure of the reason.  (Though I did hear through the grapevine that BSN is
> increasing their top tier speed to 6M)
>
> Let me know if you need corroborating evidence.  (I'm on the NRCSGAMA CO)
>
> Cheers!
> Jay
>
> > Here is what Bell South DSL (I have supposedly the Highest Speed option)
> > returns for a dhcp request
> >
> > search launchmodem.com
> > nameserver 205.152.37.23
> > nameserver 205.152.144.23
> >

> > Is it possible there is something wrong  with either of thes nameservers
> > that someone else has noticed lately.

I've noticed slow dns as well.  I just did some playing around and
changed my dns settings to 205.152.0.20 and 205.152.0.5 which seem to
always work better than what BS pushes to us over dhcp.

These servers look like they are the same hop count or better away
from me anyway. 205.152.144.23 looks like its in miami.