[ale] ISO image from a mounted CDROM

james at sumners.ath.cx james at sumners.ath.cx
Wed Dec 15 10:03:04 EST 2004

I am not sure that is possible. An ISO format copy is a bit for bit
copy of the CD. You could build your own .iso with mkisofs if you are
unable to unmount the CD. The easiest way to create the .iso, however,
is to unmount the CD and `dd if=/dev/<cd_device> of=cdcopy.iso`.

--
James Sumners
http://ug.dyndns.org/~jsumners/

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted."

CH:D 59