[ale] 2 Perl questions ?

Aditya Srinivasan sriad at uab.edu
Wed Dec 15 09:42:58 EST 2004

Hi,

I would recommend writing a shell script for this.
To do this you would need to use the find program, which is the most
commonly used file system traversal utility used with shell scripts.

If you need to take some action based on a file that matches a certain
criteri, use the -exec switch.

Some examples :
http://metric.it.uab.edu/~sriad/notes/linux/find.txt

Here is a script to recursively rename file extensions using find.
http://metric.it.uab.edu/~sriad/notes/linux/rename.txt

Thanks,
sriad

--