[ale] Project/Time Management and Billing Programs

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Dec 9 12:02:30 EST 2004

Jason Vinson wrote:
> Hi Ale,
>
> We are looking for a good open source Project/Time Mgt. Application for
> billing purposes.  The requirements would be to support Multiple
> Employees on Multiple projects, and could output a per project report on
> command.  :)
>
> Anyone using anything like that out there?

We started with MrProject, then moved to planner, which appears to be a
spin off of MrProject.  We choose planner because you could write the
data to a database.  Limited reports, but you can generate them by
project and you can do multiple projects.  I don't know if the data
between projects is correlated in any way.  That is to say, if you've
got Joe working 40 hours next week on project A, will that show up as a
conflict if you try to schedule him for 40 hours on project B?

Also, we could not get it to work on a database unless it was on the
same machine.  I started looking at the code and figured out that it was
ignoring the host value.  Hadn't gotten beyond that though.

--
Until later, Geoffrey