[ale] Debian 2.6.8/Plextor dvd help please

Jim jwl at sgi.com
Wed Dec 8 21:30:28 EST 2004

I have a Debian partition with 2.6.8  that I tried to get the DVD
recorder working on but was never successful.  I dual boot SUSE 9 and
that works.  Anyway, I finally found after googling a lot that there is
a bug in 2.6.8 that makes it impossible to use a DVD or CD recorder.  I
don't recall the details at this time but back off to 2.6.4 and you
might have more luck.

Jim.