[ale] anybody know in which directory firefox should be installed ?

Kevin Carstensen kevinkarst at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 22:02:24 EST 2004

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 22:55:25 -0500, Courtney Thomas
<ccthomas at joimail.com> wrote:
> Any other hints as to how to get it going ?
> Thanks,
> Courtney
> --
> s/v Mutiny
> Rhodes Bounty II
> lying Oriental, NC
> WDB5619

  I like to put it in /opt/mozillafirefox along with other programs
that want to organize themself into their own directory.
  Doesn't so much matter now does it?  So long as I create a symlink
to the executable and/or create an icon in X to easily access the
newly installed program.

  You want to go to http://www.pathname.com/fhs/ and read up on why a
GNU/Linux system is organized the way it is.

-- Kevin