[ale] WPS Format documents

Richard ratcheson at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 7 17:13:44 EST 2004

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 03:29 pm, Geoffrey wrote:
> James P. Kinney III wrote:
> >>
> >>I had no joy with AbiWord in SuSE 9.1 Pro reading the saved docs. I'll
> >> check filters for AbiWord to see if I'm missing some.

Bruce, you're not alone.  I just googled for .wps docs and got a lot of
hits with people complaing of the same thing!  One sage suggested this:

Anyway, microsoft has a converter called wp6rtf.exe. You
can find it at this link.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?
FamilyID=b9e11e83-f51b-4977-b572-
8c042df802c1&DisplayLang=en

or http://tinyurl.com/mj73

It looks like they did change the format when they did XP.  To bad.  I did
see a converter selling for 1000 Pounds +.  guess in England they have a
lot of problems and can pay dearly for their mistakes.

Richard
--
Old age ain't for Sissies!