[ale] Debian 2.6.8/Plextor dvd help please

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Dec 6 11:58:21 EST 2004

Joe Knapka wrote:
> Just a thought: you may need to configure the drive to use SCSI
> emulation in order to see it from Linux.  Adding a boot param like
> "hdc=ide-scsi" to the kernel command line should work (but check the
> kernel docs to be sure).

I'm not sure I understand that logic.  It should show up as an ide
device if it's in fact contected.  If it can't find the ide device, I
don't know how it would be able to make that same device emulate scsi.

If the device is not seen in the logs, I doubt that it will show up as a
scsi device in this manner.

I didn't see a response to whether it exists in /proc/ide

--
Until later, Geoffrey