[ale] Debian 2.6.8/Plextor dvd help please

Joe Knapka jknapka at kneuro.net
Mon Dec 6 11:10:20 EST 2004

Just a thought: you may need to configure the drive to use SCSI
emulation in order to see it from Linux.  Adding a boot param like
"hdc=ide-scsi" to the kernel command line should work (but check the
kernel docs to be sure).

-- Joe

Jim Seymour <bluejay at speedfactory.net> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> Just got a shiny new Plextor dvd writer and cannot find it to mount it
> correctly. I have looked around and have not been able to find an
> answer. This is a system with scsi hard and tape drives and the new dvd
> writer and floppy on the ide system. The kernel is a 2.6.8 Debian stock.
> So far I have not been able to determine what device the dvd writer is
> using. The usual suggestions of hdc (It is the master on the secondary
> channel) have not found the drive. I can see it identified in the bios
> boot messages so i guess it is connected correctly. Any advice or
> reading suggestions appreciated :-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim Seymour

"Meet the new boss / Same as the old boss..." -- The Who
... Oh well, at least there's 2008.
--
pub  1024D/BA496D2B 2004-05-14 Joseph A Knapka
     Key fingerprint = 3BA2 FE72 3CBA D4C2 21E4  C9B4 3230 94D7 BA49 6D2B