[ale] technology/politics correlation?

Jonathan Rickman jdr at xcorps.net
Mon Dec 6 08:17:29 EST 2004

> There's a few types of us conservatives.  For instance (and
> this should scare you), I find folks like Rush somewhat to
> the Left of where I tend to hang out, but I was an early
> (1993) adopter of Linux.  So, the mold doesn't completely
> hold, but I understand how what you say could be true.

Same here. I'm told that I'm a little to the right of Genghis Kahn, and I've
been onboard since .99pl13. The true zealots tend to be more to the left and
much much louder. Some folks see technology as a "great cause" while others
see technology as a "great toolbox." I don't think it's age dependent
either, because I'm only 30 and haven't moved very much since I was 19.
Still a right wing extremist using Slackware. I see this as a backhanded
effort to cast aspersions at Bush supporters and conservatives in general. I
find it neither subtle, or credible...but apparently it is the fashionable
thing to do nowadays.

--
Jonathan "