[ale] technology/politics correlation?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sun Dec 5 13:56:37 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 13:27, Brian Stanaland wrote:
> I installed Firefox on my work PC and surf with it exclusively.
> Except, of course, for the web-based applications written in-house,
> which do not work with Firefox.  I pointed it out to the guy who wrote
> it and he said..."It's a good thing IE is the 'Company Standard' so I
> don't need to worry about other browsers."

At the risk of sounding lik an A&&****, your company's developer is a
moron. So far, every application/website I have found or developed that
looks and works well under Firefox, looks and works just as well under
IE.

The converse is not true. There are numerous things that IE supports,
and bone-headed developers use (or totally moronic managment requires)
that have not been accepted as a web standard primarily for reasons of
open accessability by W3C.

We have an abundance of youth. What we need is a fountain of smart.