[ale] PPPulling my hair out

Jeffrey D. Brown jeffreydbrown at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 12:22:03 EST 2004

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 08:22:06 -0500, Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net> wrote:
> Jeffrey D. Brown wrote:
>

> > Hmmm...I just ordered Speedfactory service and got a "welcome aboard"
> > email including pppoe config instructions for Windows XP. I'm
> > wondering if it's too early to worry; I still have a couple of days to
> > go from "complete ignorance of pppoe" to  "just enough knowledge to
> > make it work".
>
> You'll get better support from Speedfactory then anyone else other than
> possibly speakeasy, and I don't know if that's even true.  I'd stick it
> out, there are plenty of folks on the list with Speedfactory and who are
> very satisfied.
>
> --
> Until later, Geoffrey

I had a great experience with Speedfactory as my dialup provider
(seems like a thousand years ago), and their reputation on the list
contributed a lot to my choice of DSL providers. My getting surprised
by pppoe was my own fault; should've RTFFAQ more carefully.  Now I
just have a little unplanned research to do before my service gets
provisioned on Wednesday (a mere 6 days after ordering!).

Regards,
Jeffrey D. Brown