[ale] OT: solaris on a laptop?

Jonathan Rickman jdr at xcorps.net
Fri Dec 3 12:04:20 EST 2004

> Thanks for the warning as I was planning on a multi-boot box

The partition ID collision btw Linux and Solaris has been fixed in Solaris
Express 11/04 aka beta 8 aka build 72.

> Again, the insights are helpful.  I might shoot for a
> standalone box for now to see what works and what doesn't.

There is a laptop compatability list at:
http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/data/sx/systems/views/laptop.html

Although it is a very short list, you can piece together enough info to get
some idea whether you will have any success. Solaris 10 is rapidly becoming
one of my favorite operating systems. Once project Janus makes it into the
release, it may become my primary desktop OS.

--
Jonathan