[ale] mouse loses synchronization

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Dec 3 07:45:41 EST 2004

This is a wierd one.  I get the following message:

psmouse.c: Explorer Mouse at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost synchronization,
throwing 3 bytes away

It only happens when I'm running k3b and in the process of burning a
cd/dvd.  Suddenly the mouse is real erratic.  Moves randomly, selects
randomly.  It only does this if I'm burning and moving the mouse.  If I
don't move the mouse, it does not happen.  It's very sporatic as well.
If a burn takes 10 minutes, it might do it once or twice.  Just burned a
dvd and it happened six times.

Any ideas?  Sounds to me like an interrupt issue, but I can't seem to
make the connection.

--
Until later, Geoffrey