[ale] Sortof OT : Buy online or go to Fry's

Nathan J. Underwood ale1 at cybertechcafe.net
Thu Dec 2 12:50:34 EST 2004

Ok, so I know that there are other options (and I'd love to hear those
too), but the two mentioned are the two that I'm most interested in.  I
am going to be buying some computer 'stuff' (I have 4 boxes now, one
will be retired, the other three will have various upgrades, and one new
one will be purchased) over the next few days.  I generally buy from
Pricewatch to get the lowest price, but my Dad and I have been looking
for an excuse to go to Fry's, and this looks like a good one.  I'm in a
bit of a hurry to start putting stuff together (had a bit of a hardware
issue recently), but I can wait 2-3 days if need be if there's a HUGE
price difference between Fry's and Pricewatch.  My total [from
Pricewatch] is just over $1,100 (parts list available upon request).
Can anyone that's been to Fry's give me some idea on where their prices
are compared to Pricewatch?  I'm not going (on Pricewatch) for the
absolute cheapest, I'm just looking for the best prices on the parts I
want (an MSI mobo, a DFI mobo, some RAM, a video card, SATA HD, etc.).

--
registered linux user # 73046