[ale] Introduction

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Dec 1 12:26:09 EST 2004

Aditya Srinivasan wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Geoffrey wrote:
>
>>Aditya Srinivasan wrote:

>>>And why is the ability to do that a Good Thing (tm)? :)
>>
>>Lazy programming.
>

> And possibly unclear intent ?? There's a tradeoff :)
>
> OTOH, I'm all for lazy programming :)
>
> But something tells me, that C provides this, so one can use it if one
> REALLY needs to; perhaps not so much so as to be able to write concise
> code.

I don't know that it was intended to be used that way.  I've used it in
a real life situation when we had digits stored as numeric data and had
to do math on them.  Typically it's nice for single digits, beyond that
you'll be doing a digit at a time, and I'm not sure where the gain is there.

--
Until later, Geoffrey