[ale] Introduction

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Dec 1 06:50:27 EST 2004

Jason Fritcher wrote:
> Dow Hurst wrote:
>
>> Jason,
>> Welcome to the ALE group!
>
> Thanks! :)
>
>> Geoffrey is only saying come to the NW meeting because he is running
>> it!!!! :-)
>
> I see... Alterior motives for the suggestion. ;)

Who me?  Naaa...

>> It is usually a good meeting and you can meet people there that can't
>> go to the Central or NE meeting.  You'll probably have to figure out
>> which meeting is closer and geared more toward your interests.
>
> Central is closest to me, but I'm kinda in the middle of all 3, so any
> of them are viable.

You'll likely find traveling to KSU probably easier traffic wise, but
then again, maybe not.

>> Since your working for Earthlink you may find some strong opinions for
>> and against on the list. ;-)

And strong opinions about just about everything else as well.  Just
don't take any of it personal.

> Heh. Even though I work for Earthlink, I don't use them for internet
> access. :) I'm too much of a power user for what Earthlink offers, or
> atleast I was in CA. Being forced to use cable internet here in Atlanta,
> I had to relocate my server elsewhere instead of running it out of my
> apartment. Oh well. Now its got a 100Mb net connection. :)

Check into Speedfactory DSL.  A number of folks on the list are using
them and I've been terribly pleased with there service.

>> Well, I hope you enjoy the Atlanta area and I am glad you found ALE,
>> as this is a great group of people.  There are some real solid gurus
>> on the list so just about any Linux topic is worth posting about and
>> any question is worth asking.
>
> Thanks. I've really liked everything I've seen so far. Its great to
> actually see real weather and trees that change colors. :)

Yeah, wait till the first snow and you see on these idiots on the road.
    I've never understood that since probably 50% of Atlanta consists of
relocated Yankees, like myself.

--
Until later, Geoffrey