[ale] OT- sorta - DNS

fgz fzamenski at voyager.net
Wed Dec 1 00:22:10 EST 2004

Hi Jim,

Yup, it makes sense - I think. :) I've done auto-redirects in iPlanet ws
before, but only with FQDN web instances having a unique IP for the
instance, or otherwise, as a virtual instance (i.e. alias) within an
instance (or some such-iPlanet speak), utilizing a non-standard port.
Perhaps unlike Apache, which I don't know all that well, I'm not sure if
iPlanet will allow domain instances only - in the form of
https-smallbiz.com - or if it does, if it would even work, but it could
be worth a shot. Still, would I not need to also push an IP for both www
and smallbiz.com in DNS, as Jerald described previously? (Of course, the
real domain in question is registered to us.)

Thanks!
-fgz