[ale] Diebold -- again

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Aug 30 21:44:26 EDT 2004

Ick. I was just reading it. I feel really ill now. $52M and counting for
Georgia. When the security problems were limited to the touchscreen
machines it was a problem but not a crisis issue (too much work to bring
off an upset). But having the central counting code with backdoors and
duplicate, secret books sounds like there should be some criminal
investigations, hangings, and political fallout for those that have
pushed this into place.

But there won't be.