[ale] Linksys WRT54G Very Slow

Nathan J. Underwood ale1 at cybertechcafe.net
Sat Aug 28 14:34:56 EDT 2004

Here's the result of a telnet to port 25

[nathan at linux-fs1 3]$ telnet mail.server.net 25
Trying 69.44.155.169...
Connected to mail.server.net.
Escape character is '^]'.

It took a very long time (about 30 seconds) for the server to answer.  I
tried it from another machine (on another network), and the answer was
almost immediate.