[ale] mail headers question

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Aug 27 20:58:59 EDT 2004

Joe Steele wrote:

> 1and1 should either implement some authentication which is not easily
> forged, or else they should instruct their users to implement
> configuration #1. above (or in your case #2, since you are already
> running an SMTP server).  There is no need for you to use their SMTP
> servers, even though they are hosting your domain.

My expectation, which I'm about to test is, speedfactory will not permit
me to send email through their server with an email address that
reflects a domain that does not match the smtp server.  I'll let you
know what happens. :)

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995