[ale] DNS Servers for Charter

Daquarious Jackson daquarious at hushmail.com
Thu Aug 26 19:26:51 EDT 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:13:58 -0700 Doug McNash <dmcnash at charter.net>
wrote:
>Oops, that's a typo, would you believe 24.216.51.9 ?

If you try pinging 24.216.51.9, I belive you'll find it's down also.

I'm at my girlfriend's house (Smyrna/Vinings area) and the Linksys BEFSR41-
4 port cable router/switch status page (http://192.168.1.1/Status.htm)
which is connected (RJ45) to a Motorola Surfboard to Charter Cable displays
the following:

DNS: 209.186.12.4
     68.191.247.254
     66.190.172.252

(release/renew - no changes)

If you plug those IPs in here:

http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm

you'll get their *supposed* geographical locations.

Daquarious Jackson